Thursday, September 11, 2008

Answers!

The letter was mailed Monday. It arrived today. That means it took three days to get from DC to Lehi. The letter was not my invitation; it had that ambiguous decision in it. And yes, a placement officer will call me before they send an invitation, and yes, that means I will probably not have an invite by the birthday next week. (Yeah, the big 3-0. Hooah.)

Long story short: my legs are simply not too short, and I'm apparently the right amount of crazy. And I quote my spooky letter. "You have been medically and dentally qualified for Peace Corps service." Hooray! Hoobadeedoo!

Furthermore, "Your application will now be considered by the Office of Placement, which matches the experience of medically qualified applicants with the requirements of available assignments. They will notify you directly of their decision."

I guess I'll find out soon enough (fingers crossed) what "notify you directly" means. More to come. The moment I know. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there Lauren,

This is your (40 year old) college buddy- in case you forgot, we shared many fun hours learning SPSS- oh the memories!

I just found your blog address, and was so excited to catch up with where you were in this absurdly long process! I can't believe how long this has taken! I hope the next few days go by quickly for you.

I wanted to thank you again for being such a great source of happiness during my recent college return. I haven't finished, I will enroll this Jan. to finish my last two classes. It was too much to train again for Ironman, help with Steve's business and be a mom.

Going back to school was not easy, and I was very homesick- just like my freshman year- I was so glad to meet you & looked forward to seeing you each class. Thank you for reaching out to me. I will always be appreciative!

I am in awe of what you are doing! It is so cool to say I have a friend in the Peace Corps! I hope you know you are in our prayers here in Tennessee & we look forward to reading about all your adventures!

I will check on you soon!
Take care, Kim

defining amy said...

I dying with anticipation. Maybe you are too? : )

Julie and Todd said...

I can only imagine how anxious you are given that my level of anxiety is getting dangerously high. You've got to be at a critical level by now.