Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Medical Review is Complete

Early this morning, the Peace Corps sent me an email saying my status has changed. This is not a new thing since I got an email like this every time they received something, processed something, or recognized they needed something else from me. This time, however, instead of going back to being on hold while they send me a letter saying I need another shot or doc visit, the site now shows that my medical review is complete.

I quote the site: "Complete. A decision has been reached regarding your medical review. Please look for a letter in the mail."

Now, I saw all my medical files and lab results, and I know I'm fine, but still, there's this lingering irrational anxiety about it all. What if the letter they send says they've discovered that I have some weird disease, that I'm too crazy, not crazy enough, or that my legs are simply too short to be of any service to anyone. What? Maybe if they read my blog, they'll know just what kind of crazy I am. Ha!

Of course, I'll keep my blog updated as things develop. Maybe I'll have my invitation by my birthday next week. That would be a lovely birthday present. More to come.

No comments: